What country uses the most renewable energy resource as electricity?

Question by Karl: What country uses the most renewable energy resource as electricity?
The title didn’t quite explain it well I think, but what I meant is that what country, in percentage, not production, have the highest percent of electricity produced from renewable energy resources?

Thanks
I was searching about it and I think New Zealand has quite a high one but I just can’t quite seem to ensure that… a little hard to search.

Best answer:

Answer by Eric
From what I heard, it was either sweden or netherlands. Some country around there.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Category: Uncategorized

4 Responses to “What country uses the most renewable energy resource as electricity?”

  1. Share of renewable energies in gross electrical consumption

    Austria 77.7%
    New Zealand 70%
    Sweden 60.5%
    Latvia 49.7%
    Portugal 40.1%
    Romania 32.9%

  2. i am not sure!whether Switzerland

  3. iceland. much of their power/heating comes from geothermal.

  4. I your talking about electricity % per country the “Iceland” 70% Geothermal, and the other 30% is hydro-electricity!
    Here’s a source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_Iceland

    If you are asking about a whole production then here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_renewable_electricity_production

The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.